BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 9, 2014

WOW!

I was sitting on my front porch and watching the world go by. God and I were having a conversation as I watched a couple of cars that I really liked drive by. I found myself saying to God how I would really like one like one of them. A moment of epiphany as I heard myself say it and realized that NO I don't really want one like one of those.

A friend of mine has a saying when she catches her complaining about things only people born in "developed" countries would think to complain about. She will say "First World Problem". Here we complain about things that really have no impact on life itself. "My car is an older model" "My internet connection is slow" "My house needs new carpets" we have an expectation of things in our lives that really have no baring on actual LIFE.

We are a privileged bunch of spoiled kids.

Today, sitting on my porch I realized that although an amazing old Victorian home, a new car, high speed internet complimenting an awesome computer that speeds across the web, a new outfit, or any of the dozen of things I might think I want or need during any given day are GREAT things... they are just that THINGS. None add a single bit of Glory to God or bring me into closer relationship with Him. Now some of those things would be useful in the society we live in to bring God's Word to others, even without them I have a voice that is able to share God's goodness.

After my little epiphany I have decided to take one 24 hour period where I do not talk about anything I don't have and really truly focus on all the AMAZING things I have in my life today!

God is Good and I am blessed and I want to STOP looking at what I don't have and really really be truly GRATEFUL for all I do have!

0 comments: