BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011


This whole week I have been battling with a good old fashion common cold. It has been a losing battle. I have been stuffy and achy and tired... I am so over being sick but still I have all the symptoms. Now this sounds like the start of a whining list, not a gratitude list... really there is a purpose to telling you a little background.

Because I am pregnant, there isn't much I can take to relieve symptoms. A little tylenol is really about it. Suffering through this brought to mind just how grateful I am to live in this time. A time where we have medicines to relieve symptoms. Imagine a hundren/hundred fifty years ago when there was nothing to help with the common cold. All the aches, pains, sneezing... just had to be dealt with.

Todays Gratitude List
  1. Living in a place and time where medical advances are such that we have solutions to many common ailments
  2. Having medications (natural and herbal) available to cure or relieve symptoms of illness
  3. Having an amazing husband who has allowed me to do nothing but be sick for the last few days
  4. Being able to sleep during this sickness
  5. Having foods available that help feel better
  6. Having food available that actually can help prevent things like the common cold
  7. Knowing there are things I can do to help not keep this ick going in my community....... the medical advances, advances in media that have taught us all how to limit the exposure of others to things like the common cold

0 comments: