BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11, 2011


What is it that I have to be Thankfull for Today?

So last night we were getting ready for bed and my 2 year old, who is weaning from breastfeeding, was adamant he did not want to give up the truck he was playing with. It was grasped in his little hands and he wanted to hold on to it.

I gave him a choice, he could nurse if he gave me his truck or he could hold his truck and no nursing...

He chose his truck :)

So why is that on my gratitude list? Because although I have been frequently accused of "babying" my little guy, keeping him a baby... but this showed me that I am allowing my little guy to seperate from me in a way that is comforting to him and not traumatic. So today I am grateful that I have had patience to allow my son to grow and become independent in a way that worked for him.

0 comments: