BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20,2011

James 5:13
Is any one of you in trouble?
He should pray.
Is anyone happy?
Let him sing songs of praise.

I was asked an interesting question yesterday~ Who is this God you praise and worship?

It is like asking who you are.
Lots of words for what you do little of WHO you are.
In trying to tell someone who I am I might say
"Mother, Sister, Daughter, Wife, Friend, Employee, Volunteer"
but those things do not actually define WHO I am, they are just things I do while being me.
Bottom line
I am a Physical Being
with a bunch of things that describe me being a physical being

God is a Spiritual Being
with a bunch of things that describe Him being a spiritual being

Today's Gratitude List
is about those things that describe
 God being God

  1. God the Creator~ beside the obvious of He created me just look around at the magnificent world we live in and all that He has created. How can we not praise our Creator?
  2. God the Righteous and Holy One~ God has set the standard for us
  3. God the Forgiving One~ He sent Christ as the atonement to set before us the choice to have or not have a relationship with Him through the Blood of Christ making us clean and holy to stand before the Lord
  4. God the Provider~ God provides for our every need. Everything we need in this life as a human being has been provided for us by God
  5. God the Companion
  6. God the Healer~ God has made healing available to each of us
  7. God is Faithful~ if God said it, God will do it. He is not a man who will lie.
  8. God is Love~ really that there is where it is... bottom line... God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. All the other things God does, He does from the LOVE He feels for us, His creation.
So today~ Father in Heaven, I praise You for all that You do in my life and the lives of those around me. I praise You Lord for never leaving or forsaking me. That I know beyond a shadow of a doubt God, that You are with me. Father, I praise you for never putting me in a situation without having a way out of it that will GLORIFY and bring You praise. Without You my God, I would be just a body, spiritually dead, without a hope for my future. In You God, I have the promise of a future!
PRAISE!!!!
AMEN





0 comments: