BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday May 7, 2010



I sat here making my gratitude list in my head this morning and got to thinking~ what about some of those negative things that happen in our lives?


1 Thessalonians 5:18 says Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

All circumstances?

So today I decided to make my 10 things in the circumstances that I find uncomfortable~ I know that the LORD has a plan for me and even though a situation may feel miserable or unfair, I know that it is all part of GOD's plan. All I have to do is think of Joseph, when he revealed himself to his brothers, he told them not to worry because the bad thing they did was for a greater good thing that happened.




Todays List
  1. abuse as a child
  2. losing custody of my babies
  3. being without a car
  4. being homeless
  5. not knowing how I was going to feed my family
  6. relationships that failed
  7. death of those I love
  8. my sons birth defect
  9. not having family here with me
  10. my mental illness

Each of these things, smack in the middle of it, I could not see any purpose of good coming from it. Yet today, I can look back and see that each experience molded me, molded people around me, and brought us to this place we are today and will continue to take us into the whatever the future holds.

Each of these "negative" experiences, although hard at the time, really did bring forth good things. It all layed the ground work for greater things to happen.

Today I also want to give thanks for some good things going on~ just because I really believe it is important to focus on any positives in our lives even when we are in the dudgeon locked up in the dark~

  1. Waking up with the sun shining through my window, birds singing in the tree just outside my window, and my 2 little ones and husband all snuggled up with me in the bed. Although I miss Katie, this was a pretty awesome way to wake up!
  2. The aroma of fresh brewed coffee that my wonderful husband made for me
  3. Skunking my husband fishing (ok so it is bad to get satisfation from someone elses loss but he usually skunks me...)
  4. Plans to go to the gym~my delightful husband got me a membership! YAY!!!!
  5. Quiet time like this in the morning, the kids asleep, my husband at work, so that I can praise and worship God for ALL things HE has done in my life!

0 comments: