BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living life in gratitude isn't always easy~ but if you STOP and look around you there is so many truly amazing things in life that is easy to start listing things in life to be grateful for. Seriously, like have you thought about being grateful for your refrigerator? Thats what I am talking about~ so many things in our lives we just take for granted~ yet someone else realizes what a gift from God that person, place or thing is...

Yesterday I rearrainged my livingroom~ not a major big deal except as I went through things I realized just how blessed I am. My children have books~ LOTS of books. My 7 year old is reading at a 3rd/4th grade level in the 2nd grade. My 17 month old is facinated with books and will bring me one to read to him. My children live in a time and place where they can grow up on the word of GOD being read to them everyday. Truly how amazing is that! A 2005 study showed that About one in 20 adults in the U.S. is not literate in English. How blessed I am that I can read and so can my children?

Take time to stop today and look at somethings you take for granted and be grateful that you are blessed in a way that many people are not. Here is my list:

  1. I have electricity in my home (about one quarter of the worlds population,have no access to electricity today)
  2. I can read (11 million people in the US are illiterate)
  3. I have running water (884 million people, lack access to safe water supplies, approximately one in eight people) (

0 comments: