BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander,
along with every form of malice.
Be kind and compassionate to one another,
forgiving each other,
just as in Christ God forgave you
This evening, I have some things I want to share...
I sat here in prayer and realized just how blessed I am and just how much praise I need to be giving to GOD for all that I have in my life yesterday, today and tomorrow. I really need to be singing Him praise, glorifying His name to all the earth, being a reflection of His love for me to my fellow man.
I fall short...
I had to ask the Lord tonight for forgiveness for a rather rude interaction I had with a fellow driver today. We were stopped at a red light, the light changed, and the car behind me was feeling some impatience and honked his horn at me. That should have been that. However, I was feeling irritable and so instead of driving in a normal fashion I crept ever so slowly away from the light not going faster than 5 miles an hour until I had gone through the intersection.
This was so not a God thing to do. I know that it tore at God's heart that i was so rude to someone else He loves. The action of the other driver required no action on my part except to proceed forward in a normal fashion. Perhaps a wave and smile if the other driver passed me. Instead I showed rudeness.
I went to God, confessed, and now I need to guard against repeating the offense and replace the bad behavior I exhibited with behavior pleasing to my Lord.
How lucky am I? To have a loving Father in Heaven who allows me to come to Him and confess my wrongs and be able to physically feel His forgiveness. And because He has shared this forgiveness with me, I am able to transfer it to my own relationships with people and forgive them the same way the Lord has forgiven me.
What an amazing and wonderful and just precious gift from God. I am so grateful that He sent His Son, as a sacrafice for my sins, so that I can come before God and even ask for forgiveness.
TONIGHTS GRATITUDE LIST
  1. Jesus Christ and the HIS Sacrafice on the cross for me

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ

2. God's Love for me

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

3. God's Forgiveness

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, who sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord doesn't count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit

4. God's Care for my every need

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

5. My relationship with my Father in Heaven made possible by the blood of Jesus!

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

0 comments: