BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Gratitude for David

So today I was thinking about my husband~ I actually think about him a lot but today was a litte something different...

This week I spent some time with friends who are having issues with their partners. Expectations of being waited on, lack of empathy during some emotional turmoil, no assistance with household things, just not being phyically or emotionally available.

I realized just how blessed I am with the husband I have. He is an amazing man~

One friend was telling me how she knew that if she became injured or sick that she would have to go outside her marriage to get assistance withthe basic needs she might have and needs of the house. She knows her husband will not cook, clean, or take care of her. She says she knows she would be expected to take care of it either by doing it herself or getting someone to do it.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt if something happened to me, my husband would take care of me and that he would take care of the kids and the house. We would want for nothing in his care.

Another friend shared with me how her husband is gone so often from the home that she wonders why they are even still married. out of a 24 hour day, it is her estimate that he is out of the home about 14 hours. He does not eat with the family, he doesn't do anything with the family or her, when he is home he is either sleeping or complaining about something someone in the house has done or not done.

I watched as yet another friend tried to talk to her partner, I hurt for her as she was brushed off and told to shut up about her "problem".

Yet here I am with a husband who listens to what I need to talk about, offers his advice or perspective when I need it, does not try to negate my feelings, a husband who lifts me up and lets me know that I am important in his life. We do family activities together and make time alone together.

I am so blessed~

God has indeed been good to me! I have a husband who is Christian, who is all I ever wanted and then some in a husband. I cannot imagine what I did to deserve someone so awesome and amazing~ but it is with a grateful heart to GOD for my amazing husband!

0 comments: