BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Afternoon Gratitude


AFTERNOON GRATITUDE!

I have noticed that I wake up full of hope and excitement for the day ahead and then as the day goes forward I become depressed and my joy seems to dissipate. So I am going to make an afternoon and evening Gratitude List whenever that happens. That way, by looking at the positives in life, maybe I can capture the joy I have at the start of each new day.

Today I am going to list things that make me smile.

  1. Sunbeams on my face... they always make me feel like God is giving me warm kisses when the sun lands on my face
  2. The sounds of a small river or creek traveling across some rocks... such a sweet sound
  3. Puddle Jumping!
  4. Playing Pooh Sticks at the bridge with my kids!
  5. Dancing in the rain!
  6. Hearing my kids say "I love you Mommy"
  7. Cuddly Kittens
  8. Wiggling Puppies
  9. Giggling Babies
  10. Rolling in the grass with my babies

So many many other things!!!! I could go on all day! God really has blessed me with so many things that make me smile... like watching a horse run across a pasture, or a duck take a bath in a pond, and there are the laughs of seeing a kitten play with a ball of yarn. Finding the perfect pair of shoes? Yeah that makes me smile! 

What about those times when you think of someone and your phone rings and they are calling just to say hi? Or cruising the grocery store aisles and bump into someone you haven't seen in a while and they share some delightful news? Then there is the times when feeling all alone, someone stops by to say "I was thinking of you"... yes those all make me smile!

That pitcher of ice cold sweet tea on a hot summer day... how can you not smile as you lift that glass, anticipating the sweet delight? 

Spring means it is time for picnics and bbq's and all sorts of outdoor play. I love the outdoors... it makes me smile! I love being with family- for sure that makes me smile! Having friends around makes me smile too! 



0 comments: