BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Batteling Depression

Part of my Gratitude List came from a time in my life when I was batteling depression. I was oerwhelmed with all of life and it's happenings. So I turned to gratitude as a way to show my mind that life really wasn't as bad as it was trying to make things out to be.

I honestly LOVE my life, love the people in it, and enjoy so many things. Yet depression will sneak in and try to steal the happiness life brings me. So instead of being joyful to have a cup of coffee with God in the morning, thoughts of not being able to afford to go to Starbucks with friends for coffee will come in. Instead of being grateful for for all the birds singing in the trees I will become annoyed at the noise, missing the music.

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Taking my thoughts captive... making them obedient to Christ... Following Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Today I woke with that dark cloud of depression hanging over me. Although I could think of many things that bring me joy, that I am grateful for, I wasn't getting the emotional lift from it that I wanted and needed. Then as I was looking for answers on how to deal with this... God sent me a Word. Recently God and I have been growing closer the relationship becoming more than I could have ever hoped for. What is happening today is Satan trying to interfer with that relationship. Placing doubt, depression, thoughts of lack in my mind to come between the Lord and I. My boys crying, fussing, needing more of me while I had a list of things to accomplish that I couldn't get to.

What a lightening of spirit when I realized that this was because I am building a better relationship with God. So a quick talk with God, giving Him my burdens, casting my cares on Him, realizing that no matter how things may appear God is working ALL things to the good in my life.

Deuteronomy 7:12-15


If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your forefathers. He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you. You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor any of your livestock without young. The LORD will keep you free from every disease.


0 comments: