BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gratitude for Wednesday September 14th

Yesterday was an interesting day... and because of it I really grew closer to my Lord. Today I am so grateful that God has brought me to a place where I can recognize unhealthy relationships and that He is getting me to a place where those unhealthy relationships will never even have a chance to grow. Praise God for bring the people into my life who are teaching me and Praise God for taking the people out of my life who are teaching me.

It was interesting, I had a chance to medititate on Luke 16:15 "He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."

God knows our hearts. Not our justifications of action or inaction but the true motives we hold, motives that we may not even be aware of (take note of Jeremiah 17:9 where it is said "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" also Mark 7:21 & 22, Ecclesiastes 9:3 and the list goes on) I realized that we often lie to ourselves about toxic relationships, about our own toxitity in the relationship. We justify ourselves by man's standards not God's.

Today I am grateful God is still teaching me, leading me, to where He wants me to be!

0 comments: