BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

Psalm 36:8
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.

When you sit and really think about it~ what is there in life NOT to be grateful for? Especially for those of us in the United States and other countries where we have the luxeries that many people are not afforded. Electricity, indoor plumbing, hot water at will, cell phones and computers.
How about freedom of religion? Education for all? Transportation (aside from our feet or an animal)?
The list just goes on and on and on and on

God really pours out his blessings~
all we have to do is open our eyes to the things we take for granted.
The birds, the sun, the snow, the trees, flowers... all of it something to be grateful for.

This morning I am looking at icicles hanging off the eves of my house
what a blessings.
They are truly beautiful.
And without the recent moisture and cold, I would have missed having them there to enjoy.

Today I challenge you, look around you and find just ONE thing out of the ordinary
family/friends/home  type gratitude thing to be thankful for.
Something you just take for granted and forget it blesses your life.
Fresh fruits/veggies in the middle of winter? My camera (I love taking pictures)?
Hot cup of coffee? Heated steering wheel cover? Email message from a friend?
Come on, look in your life... find something!

Today my out of the ordinary gratitude thing is
My husband driving our daughter to school in the mornings.
I appreciate him for it and really am blessed by it.

0 comments: