BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Today it is back to school in our little town- I have had a child doing the "back to school" thing for 24 years and with one still not in school at the end of the journey I will have 39 "back to school" years under my belt. There have been years past when I could hardly wait to have the kids back in school but as I have gotten older I realize how precious every moment we are given with our kids really is. So as I help them get ready for the new school year, the shopping, the backpacks and lunch boxes all put together for the first day there is a longing for summer to not come to an end.

Yesterday and today I had several little moments where my kids reminded me that I have done something right in raising them. The two going back to school are self confident, independent, and eager to learn. They are ready for school to begin. Today I am grateful that I have instilled in them these things as I shed a tear or two that they are growing up oh so fast!

0 comments: