BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 4, 2014

It's My Birthday!

47 years ago God brought me into this world- what an adventure it has been! I spent a lot of years separated from God and making some pretty stupid choices. But God kept me alive even among the not so great choices for a purpose- I am not exactly sure what my purpose is just yet but I can tell you that I am grateful for who I am and where I am today on my birthday!


This morning I looked back on birthdays past and a couple of them really stand out to me and are "best" birthday memories- one back in the 70's I am thinking I was either 7 or 8 and my Mom set up a great little party. She made a concoction of lime kool-aid and 7-Up and it was GOOD! I ca't tell you a single gift I got that day but I remember the kool-aid and I remember the feeling of joy that I had that day that my Mom made a real effort to make it a special day. I am sure she did the same other years but this one just stands out in my memory.

The other birthday that stands out for me was at the close of the 90's- God had brought an out of control teenager into my life. A wild child who I wanted to love and fix all her brokenness. I wasn't able to but even today, this adult child is special to me. One of my heart children. Sometimes her choices in life just break my heart and all I can do is pray for her. BUT on that birthday this girl, a young adult by then, gave birth to the prettiest baby girl for my birthday! She calls me grandma and it makes my heart swell with love and joy!

Now I am looking at this birthday and realize I am not even half way through the life I want to live. My goal is to live until I am at least 110 and I want to be taking my grandkids and great grandkids fishing and for walks in the woods and  going on grand adventures with them on that 100th birthday!

I am pretty confident that God will grant this to me and so every single day until then I am grateful that I wake up and am in good health!

0 comments: